My CGI U Journey!

I started my CGI U Journey in 2022 when I received the exciting news of being accepted into the CGI U Community, class of 2022 working on My Commitment to Action, Enhancing Innovations in Agriculture (EIAG) which is dedicated to increasing Agricultural productivity and incomes for farmers and households living in Eastern Uganda through training in modern farming practices. 

CGI U is a dynamic community of young leaders committed to developing innovative solutions that tackle the world's most pressing challenges in their communities. Recognized by U.S President Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton in partnership with the American School of colleges. CGI U provides student leaders with unique opportunities to obtain one-of-a-kind training, a wide range of resources, mentorship, and access to a wide range of experts, change agents, and Student community networks whilst being part of a unique culture. This has shaped, developed, and enabled me to achieve my full potential not only to impact my community but my country as a whole. 

One of the milestones I accomplished throughout my CGI U Journey, included partnering with the Swedish International Agricultural Network Initiative (SIANI) in promoting Gender equality by supporting women in promoting food systems. We managed to build partnerships with women-owned Agri-businesses to help them scale their own businesses, engaging them in agricultural activities such as rabbit farming due to their outstanding health benefits and income-generation potential. 

We also managed to partner with local communities on Awareness raising and training of household members in modern agricultural practices, training school communities in modern farming and sustainable agricultural practices, supplying them drought-resistant seeds to start up school gardens as a means of ensuring food security and improving nutrition. 

My CGI U experience has strengthened my drive to make a difference. The program has given me unique opportunities to access a wide range of resources, personalized mentorship opportunities, access to a wide range of change agents, and student community networks. I have achieved leadership and am now taking on my new role to that as an Alumni and Commitment Mentor of the CGI U Community. I am honored to share, I successfully completed the #CGIU2022  Curriculum and I officially obtained my official #CGIU Certificate and Commitment Maker seal. I am grateful to my Commitment Mentors and student community networks for the continued guidance and support throughout my #CGI U Journey. I have achieved personal growth, shared an opportunity for learning and growth, and developed a greater appreciation for diversity! 

Feel free to apply through www.cgiu.org/apply to be a part of the next generation of young leaders committed to innovating solutions that tackle the world's most pressing challenges. 

#CGIU2023 #CommitmentMentor #cgiu #CommitmenttoAction #CGIU






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Empowering National Youth Leaders for Global Development in Education and Sustainable Development, #ESD Action in partnership with #UNESCO